Triple Stripes

It's no secret that stripy tees are an essential part of my day-to-day uniform (apologies to those who follow me on Instragram for the regular Breton updates), so when online boutique Atterley Road asked me to style up some of the nicest stripes I've seen yet (by French label Saint James), it felt like one of the easier tasks I've been set.

Embarrassingly enough, I was actually wearing stripes when I first went to meet the lovely Gemma from Atterley Road so the task in hand was immediately very apt! There's just something very easy about the Breton top; it dresses down leather trousers and short-short skirts and feels almost nostalgic, without being twee, with just about everything else. My favourite way to wear it is with denim cut-offs and Vans in the summer, but given we're firmly in the throws of Autumn in London, I gave the basic a bit more of a wintery spin. 


Classic French staples up top, elevated basics from the waist down; I like the mix of mannish, oversized pea coat and mini leather skirt - it kind of detracts from the glaring sight that is bare legs post August. 




These stripes were the loudest of the three so they needed the most dressing down. Ripped boyfriend jeans, biker jacket and patent booties (yep I succumbed to the new skort of Zara world) managed to veer the whole look away from the obvious seaside connotations.

Wearing Saint James tee, Gap jeans (customised by me), HnM biker jacket, Zara boots. 





Black leather skinnies and pointy heels don't feel quite so 'done' (or corporate come to that) when teamed with a Breton sweater. 


Wearing Saint James top, Twist & Tango coat, Whistles clutch, HnM faux leather pants, Zara heels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment