{DIY} Easy Statement Earrings

 photo statementearringdiy_zps377f25a9.jpg
I was craving an easy DIY this weekend, so I decided to whip out my trusty Shrinky Dinks and try my hand at a simple, lucite-inspired statement earring. I have a hard time wearing larger earrings because I find them too heavy and taxing on my lobes, so this fun, lightweight solution really appealed to me. Read on for instructions!

 photo StatementEarringsDIY_zps47707792.jpg  

 Supplies: 
  • Shrinky Dinks (available at any craft store)
  • Scissors
  • Holepunch
  • Paper + pen
  • Jewelry glue
  • Decorative gems
  • Jump rings + earring hooks 
 Instructions:

1. Trace your shape onto a Shrinky Dinks sheet, making it three times larger than your desired end result.
2. Cut out the shape, taking care to even out the edges.
3. Punch a small hole into the top of your shape, then bake the shapes according to the instructions on the Shrinky Dinks package.
4. Once cooled, start gluing decorative gems and pearls onto the surface of the earrings.
5. Secure the earring hooks to the base with a jump ring.
6. Give yourself a pat on the back — you're done!

 photo IMG_9176_zps11abcfdc.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment