NYFW: Proenza and Philip

Proenza Schouler







 Proenza Schouler just keeps getting better and better.

Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez managed to up their game yet again with a super-cool S/S 2013 collection offering the kind of modern, sexy silhouettes I for one am already coveting. The shoulder exposing high-neck top, the A-line leather skirt and the boxy, sleeveless biker jacket are just a few of the key pieces I'm making a mental note of already. The fact they had something of the 1990s about them probably had something to do with this instant appreciation on my behalf. Ever a sucker for anything reminiscent of my formative years spent glued to Heartbreak High.

 The patchwork snakeskin and printed chiffon dresses had a kind of Rock n' Roll Bohemia that's never a bad thing in my books, while all that leather in Crayola colours with low-slung belts had that laid back attitude the duo do so well.  Kudos to Proneza for succeeding in making those knee-high gladiator heels look not only cool, but wearable too.

3.1 Philip Lim









I always look forward to 3.1 Philip Lim shows, normally with some of kind of preconceived idea in my head as to the looks going to be offered up. So it was a pleasant surprise to get an entirely different collection to that which I might have predicted, made even more pleasant through the nineties serving as Lim's main point of inspiration. 

I loved how pieces synonymous with grunge like the ditsy floral tea dress were taken apart and put back together again for a grown-up spin on the 1990s. The haphazard way the patchwork denim, leopard-print knits and sheer tartan overlays were thrown together immediately made me want to tie a beaten-up plaid shirt around my waist and throw on a backwards cap.

All images from Style.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment