Boy Girl Basics


Part two of my basics story for Stylebop.com is probably most akin to the sort of thing you'll find me in day after day. Having spent most of my youth in jodphurs and riding boots, desperate to partake in anything horse-related, I think that silhouette of skinnies and flat ankle boots is something I'll always feel at home in. And for me, black leather trousers are as much a 'basic' as jeans, especially in the colder months, so finding the right ones is a task worth pursuing. These ones by Joseph are as close to perfect as I've come so far; just stretchy enough, zips at the ankle and buttery soft.

My current love for camel coats is no secret (chronicled both here and here) and the classic, mannish shape of this Theory one makes it even more of a 'forever' piece. Anyone seen Love and Other Drugs?  Yep, this coat makes me feel likes a (faux) 90s Anne Hathaway which is definitely a good thing. On a side not, I'm beginning to realise that red, or burgundy in this case, is the only colour I really wear. Unless we count denim as blue that is? 


Coat // Theory via Stylebop.com
Trousers // Joseph via Stylebop.com
Clutch // Jil sander via Stylebop.com
Shirt // Club Monaco
Belt // Zara
Boots // Vintage


0 comments:

Post a Comment