Wardrobe Wednesday...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello darlings! This clutch is really special and close to my heart, so I couldn't resist showing it to you on this lovely Wardrobe Wednesday... It belonged to my Auntie Mary, who was (and still is) my favourite person in the whole world. She was like a grandmother to me, and growing up we were inseparable. I don't think a kinder, more loving person has ever lived; she was, to put it simply, the sweetest woman I've ever known. She passed away when I was eight, but I still feel close to her... And crazy as it may sound, I like to think that she still looks out for me, wherever she is. So you can imagine how precious this snake skin clutch of hers is to me.

She bought it in the 1940's and only wore it on special occasions, which (thankfully) is why it's so well preserved. I love the colour and size, and how it smells so deliciously vintage... You know, like a lovely mixture of perfume and leather. Intoxicating...

Do you have a special item passed down by a loved one you'd like to share? I'm all ears! xx

Follow ADVENTURES IN FASHION!

0 comments:

Post a Comment