Postcards from Burgundy

After a few technical difficulties (on top of the fray that comes with moving house), I’ve finally managed to get the pictures from our week in France together for one bumper post.

The beginning of our week was fairly overcast and it took us both a little while to properly unwind after just signing on a new flat quite literally hours before we set off for deepest, darkest Burgundy for a week of as little as possible. The sun really came out to play after a couple of days so we quickly became firmly pool-based, rolling in and out of the pool right up until the sun disappeared behind the trees. Despite our best intentions of driving round the region, the occasional bike ride and lilo tussle were the most active things we undertook all week, with lots of reading by the pool, long homemade dinners and late-night movies forming the basis of our sloth-like days.



Oysho frilly bandeau bikini (now reduced) with River Island top (also now in the sale!) and Mexican sun hat below. 





Taken to wearing Birkenstocks with everything and anything. Including this old black Cos slip dress (really similar Topshop version here) for a combination so comfortable I'm not sure it can really be deemed getting dressed.


Cooking up a storm (more commonly known as fajitas)


Reading on holiday is one of the main things I look forward to when away and I usually take three books with me for a week. This time it was Jennifer Egan's short story collection Emerald City first up (perfect for dipping in and out of) and then I finally got round to reading the beautiful Small Island by Andrea Levy. 



 


 I really like Urban Outfitter's own line Ecote and this little top was a recent acquisition that kind of comes into its own in the sweltering French countryside. Ancient Levis and a basket from Spain last year always make me feel like I'm on holiday too. 







 A few cloudy days drove us onto our bikes for a few hours of exploring, getting lost and meeting the local cows. My leopard-print denim shorts are from Olive and you can get similar striped tee here.



Peach pit-stop en route with aforementioned locals... The white t-shirt is from Olive and trainers are Vans. 


Bandana paisley's always get a yes from me and this Rose and Rose scarf is a new holiday staple, especially when wrapped and knotted to form some kind of homemade scarf-meets-sarong-meets-skirt concoction. The black swimsuit is by Oysho but it's now sold out sadl. You can get similar (maybe even nicer) ones from Zimmerman , Lisa Marie Fernandez and Prism (my favorite).







The majority of photos are taken on my Fujifilm X100 and a Lomo LC-A+

All photos by myself and James Wright

0 comments:

Post a Comment