Top 10 (sort of) looks from NYFW

 Instead of flagging up entire collections, I thought I'd go against my entire being and be really concise this season so I've done my best to pinpoint my favourite looks instead. Hence why I've left it a little longer -  it's always nice to combine a bit of gut reaction with some afterthought I think. 

Definitely not in order of preference, nor the only looks I could have picked - it would have been easier to do top 50 for sure - but they're the looks I'd actually wear or, more realistically, subconsciously end up drawing on when getting dressed next summer.  Even if it's just doing up a shirt (case in point Wang below) or having a certain theme in the back of your mind (Marc Jacobs' 19th century Coney Island could be an interesting one). 

Full disclosure. There's 13 looks, not 10. I tried.

I'm constantly adding looks to my Catwalks & Collections Pinterest board so have a look-see for updates as the shows happen.


 Wasn't this everyone's favourite? Wang gives us a whole new way to button up (or not as the case may be) and gives us a good excuse for not getting dressed in the morning.



 Love the frayed denim - reminds me on London-based Genius's Marques'Almeida. Plus long relaxed coats over casual shorts is a silhouette I'm always fond of. I loved the whole collection in fact - so easy and effortless. Which is exactly why I had to put the 2nd image in at the last minute!



Such a slinky, sexy fabric but the draping keeps takes it elegant rather than trashy.  Silvery spaghetti straps always do it for me too.  Really can't wait to see someone wearing this on the red carpet - Kate Bosworth would do this proud. 



 A big yes to monochrome gingham for next summer. Loving the matching head wrap too. 



 Just taking lots of notes from this easy-as-they-come ensemble; the collarless shirt, the cropped flares and shoelace-strap sandals. 



 Marc Jacobs has that amazing knack of showing us next season's silhouette before we even knew it existed, let alone wanted to wear it. These low-slung bermudas combined with the boxy, embroidered jacket was something of a revelation.  Who knew opulent Victoriana and streetwear would prove such a cool, wearable mix? Jacobs strikes again with his own version of the Dickensian Z-boys.




Clean, minimal and finished off with the perfect mule. Tibi gives a lesson in effortless summer dressing. And that skirt even makes me tempted by a print.






I tried so hard to pick just one Proenza look but in the end I decided I'd leave that tricky task for someone a little more decisive than I.  The shirtless suiting, the bandage crop-tops, the lurex and mettallic pleating... there was so much to love from Proenza Schouler's collection.



This was another collection I really struggled to narrow down. I'm not sure how long this 90s revival is going to run, but I sense it's here to linger for a little longer and Olivier Theyskens clearly thinks so too.




And finally, the perfect teeny-tiny white dress from Narciso Rodriquez that reminded me too much of Cher's Calvin Klein LWD in Clueless not to include.



All images via Style.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment