Dungarees: Never say Never




I, along with every other kid growing up in the 90s, spent a large portion of my youth in stripy OshKosh B'Gosh dungarees and have spared them little thought ever since. In fact, I remember once stating that dungarees would be one fashion trend I would 'never' dip into. Well, time to eat my words, as I'm now fixated on shopping for the perfect overalls.

First up, I'm after a black leather pair in the vein of Alexandra Spencer (the girl is a lesson in how to do grown-up dungarees) and the best I've found so far are by Philip Lim and Whistles (last picture).ASOS also do a good pair in both leather and denim. 

And there's something about classic blue denim shorties with turned up hems that's seriously appealing for relaxed summer days. The summer days part of that statement feels like wishful thinking right now but who knows, maybe the dungarees will make them feel just that little bit closer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment